LADIES WHO LUNCH
"Where the Wild Things Are"
Featuring a delicious passed hors d'oeuvres and amuses bouches with reception cocktails..
Followed by an incredible and delicious seated lunch.
Everyone in Blue Nails! #selfiecare
MARKET PLACE VENDORS
- Mansfield Shoes will showcase their new,Spring lines
- Swirlicious: a new spot that sells the most beautiful and wonderful accessories,clothing and jewels.
- Stunning: Will be releasing their newest and sweetest earrings,bracelets,necklaces
- DREAM GIRL will launch the Canadian premiere of their highly engaging initiative for girls. Direct from N.Y.C
- Come meet and purchase goods from our youngest business woman, Rheanna. An 8 year old who is launching her lip balm line called ,DA BALM.
- Berry Sweet Treats with 12 year old C.T.O Myah and her 14 year old sister Marissa will be showcasing their cupcake business and proving that entrepreneurship starts at any age.
CHEF KARLY IRELAND and CHEF WILLIAM CARTER
MEAT VS. VEGGIES
Between entertaining banter and edifying discussion of exciting ingredients, Ireland and Carter along with their teams challenge each other—and cooks everywhere. The dueling chefs have dishes to make your days and nights as delightful as your taste buds can bear. Now let’ s see how amazing they truly are when placed on the spot with a Surprise Box of ingredients and 30 minutes to wow the crowd.
Celebrity Chef Karly Ireland
One of Canada’s foremost culinary talents and homegrown chefs is ready to take over the burners. ‘Farm to table’ is an essential mandate of this Ottawa born chef. A good portion of her life was spent growing up in the Ottawa valley which has instilled a lifelong passion for fresh and locally sourced cuisine. At 12, Carly began cooking for his brother and sister igniting her love of cooking.
Bitten by the ‘restaurant bug’ early, Karly got his first job at 15, dabbling in everything that is Tex Mex. From opening a series of chain restaurants to propelling Tex Mex dining to new heights, she began her studies in Ottawa ’s prestigious Culinary Schools and perfected her art working Gourmet Cuisine. Flourishing as an apprentice under Chef William Carter, she is now taking her well-earned place in the gastronomy world as a leader in fine dining.
“Food doesn’t need to be complicated, but it is important to know where it comes from,” says the chef. Naming her own food philosophy ‘Globally Inspired and Locally Created,’ - a process that begins with premium ingredients, sourcing the best of what is available locally and seasonally, and then focusing on flavor. Bold Karly is all about bold flavor.
Celebrity Chef William Carter
William Carter was born and raised in Newfoundland where he worked at his family’s hotel. It is also there where he developed a passion for food and for the art of food preparation. Following several seasons in the Canadian arctic, he mastered true Canadian northern cuisine while cooking for the Polar Continental Shelf Project. In 1992, William came to Ottawa to enrol in the Cordon Bleu Cooking School, in order to perfect his craft.
After graduating from Le Cordon Bleu, William began an illustrious career cooking for prime ministers, presidents, business leaders, politicians, celebrities and royals from around the world. Most recently, William worked in the United States at the Irish Consulate where he cooked for diplomats and visiting dignitaries. He now showcases his talents as a member of Gourmet Cuisine team participating in all special events and sharing his craft within our sites.
Chef William Carter believes in keeping food simple, using à la minute cooking techniques and the freshest local ingredients available. His food philosophy will certainly leap from the pages of our menus as you begin to experience our latest culinary delights, inspired by foods indigenous to Canada
ARE YOUR TASTE BUDS TINGLING YET? COMPETITION
This animated event will leave all those in attendance wanting to be part of this gastronomic delight.
Two teams comprised of an Executive Chef and two members of the audience. The honorary sous-chefs will be pre-selected by meeting organizer and should be one manager and one employee. They will assist each team with the preparation of the themed main course plate.
Each will receive a surprise box of root vegetables, protein, spices and carb and will have 30 minutes to prepare the meal. Both will have same products and guests will then select the People’s Choice.
Themed main course
Must complete the meal using 80% of the product found in the surprise box.
Thirty minutes (30) minutes to complete the meal with the assistance of the two honorary sous-chefs (will supply them with jackets and hats) /Each sous-chef will get to keep beanies with
“ I’m an honorary sous-chef”
Mid-way thru competition, a secret ingredient will be given must be used in the recipe.
Access to items on the Pantry Board will be made available to both teams.
A panel of judges will be selected from the members of the audience who will have the opportunity to vote for the People’s Choice”
Have you ever wanted to watch your favorite Top Chef stars go head-to-head in a gastronomic battle royale of epic proportions? It's about to happen!!!
- Summer membership to the Ottawa Athletic Club
- 2 tickets to the sold out event Broadway for Bruyere April 16 at the NAC
- Post Show event
- Meet & greet with the Cast of Dirty Dancing
- Live entertainment by the Dan Dunlop Band
- Complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres by NAC
- Dance off, raffles...the party of the year!
- VIP pass with $160 for the Activate Fitness and Health Expo which includes a chance to meet (and work out with) this guy, Jessie Pavelka
- 2 sets of two tickets to the Ottawa Wine and Food Show
- Malenka Originals is giving someone and a friend 2 workshop spots and $50 in product to learn all about Chalk paint
- Certified dog trainer Dana Carrier is offering a $125 gift certificate for EXPERT DOG TRAINING
- UNLIMITED TWO WEEK MEMBERSHIP to the Cherry Blossom Pole Studio.
- L'dara International Advanced Anti-Aging Serum, Value of $175
- $90 basket of Gel Moments products, including an LED lamp for curing gel nails, cleansers, gel polish
- Zolas Restaurant Gift certificate
- THREE MONTH MEMBERSHIP for either yoga or martial arts at ww.strongeryou.com.
- 6 person, $380 spa day at the Westin
- And sooooooo many more!